Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Week 2 Letter

Hola Famlee!
How goes your life? Mine is pretty dang great here at the grand old CCM. It is all good stuff. We get new missionaries here every three weeks, so the older group of Americans all left yesterday. 14 new American Sisters got here late last night and some Elders and a bunch of new Latinos. I got assigned to be a Sister Trainer along with another Hermana in my district. I don’t have to do a lot, just weekly interviews with each girl and attend a couple extra Sunday meetings. I just have to love them and let them cry or rant to me. Haha.
Not a whole lot of crazy stuff happened this week so I will just tell you a typical day here for me. I am going proselyting on Saturday so I will have some stuff next week I am sure.
I wake up at 6:30 sharp. Personal study is so great. I just finished the Book of Mormon since being here. I loved reading it with the lens of a missionary. So great. The Spirit has testified to me so many times that it is the most true book. Sunday we had a lot of classes on the Restoration and I LOVED them. Breakfast is next. There is always this rice hot drink that is either decent or not good, but I drink them all. Eggs, toast, fruit, sometimes crepes and then every day I eat this weird cereal in yogurt. I look forward to it every morning. The Latinos all thought we were weird for eating cereal with milk, so we tried it in cereal...life changing. Then we have lessons with one of our investigators and comp study. I can speak Spanish way better in the lessons than anywhere else. There’s the gift of tongues for you. We then have language lessons and teaching lessons. Then lunch. Rice, chicken, weird stuff that I dare not ask what it is but its good. They make some good cakes and stuff. And I eat an ice cream bar called a Jet. It tastes like frozen pudding. I miss American ice cream a bunch but I shouldn’t complain.
After lunch Ill do a computer language study program. Then personal language study. Then physical activity!!!!!!! We play soccer with the Latinos and it is awesome. But lately when just the Americans play i will run around the soccer field for a long time. It is very relaxing. Then we get ready and shower because we all sweat a lot and then dinner. More rice and chicken. They have pasta noodles a lot but I always go for the rice. I love rice. And boiled potatoes. Its good stuff. Then we have another investigator and more language classes until 9. Those are hard because they are long and tiring. But then we plan our day and then me and Hermana Clark interview people until bedtime. Lights out at 10:30 and I lay in bed awake for a long time after. I have to learn how to sleep!!! Haha.

I have gained such a stronger testimony of the gospel and the atonement of Jesus Christ. As we focus our lesson on the investigators needs, it is so easy to relate everything back to the atonement, and how Christ knows each of us individually, and through him, we can find so much happiness and joy. I have gained such a strong testimony of the Spirit. I am so grateful for revelation and promptings. I know that when I obey the promptings, I please Heavenly Father and really myself. I really love being a missionary and can’t wait to get into the field! I know it is way different and way harder, but I am in the right place! I love you all! Have the best week EVER! 







No comments:

Post a Comment