Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Week 4 Letter

Hola!
So honestly, not a lot happened this week. Just a whole lot of Spanish learning. How was the 4th of July? It was great here. Thank you for your card! I love how Jet signed Lee instead of Jet. He cracks me up. I loved seeing Fiona. She took some pics so she will probably pass those along. Anyways, 4th of July, all the teachers wore red white and blue. And then the cooks made a flag cake and hamburgers. So good. In my district, we sang the National Anthem just ourselves in our classroom before class and the Spirit was so strong. We were just speechless after. I am so grateful for America, and I miss it but I really love Peru and can’t wait to go to Trujillo…like in 5 days. Crazy. Time flies on the mission.
So, on Sunday, our president and his wife taught us a bunch of classes that were so good. We watched the Testaments and talked a lot about the Book of Mormon. I love that book so much and can’t wait to share it with people who need truth. And then they gave us Oreos…so that’s always a plus. American food is good. Mentos are really big here. And Cough drops. So at the Distribution center, we got mint mentos since we can’t have gum and we eat a lot of onions and peppers. Haha. I love them and the fruit ones a lot….and it might just be because I don’t have gummy bears so it’s the closest thing there is to it. And they are equivalent of 30 cents. There is also this Sublime (subleemey) chocolate that is super good. They have Sublime ice cream bars that have kind of a peanut buttery ice cream in it so it’s not my favorite, but I like the chocolate a lot. But, I don’t buy them a lot because when I am not making money, spending really hurts me inside…haha.
So I play the piano for everything now. I knew I would. We started a weekly choir and Hermana Raeside loves that I know how to accompany and watch her. Haha. She is hilarious. I will miss her a lot.
I had a health class. Dr / Elder Burton taught us everything we should be worried about in the field…that is all I will say about that for the sake of mom….Just pray for me. ;)
I love being a missionary and have learned so much here at the CCM. And now it is crunch time. The last week here is not the time to be tired and weary and trunky. There is NEVER time for that. So I am going at it harder than ever. I have been worried about not knowing Spanish like I would like to, but Elder Anderson said to “Have the name of Christ on your lips.” So that is my plan!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment