Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 10 Letter

Monday, August 22, 2016

Another week! Crazy how time flies. So crazy. For starters, I gave a talk in church yesterday so that was fun. It was for 15 minutes, but the first 2 speakers were so short...I can’t improvise in Spanish yet!!! So luckily I know a lot of scriptures thanks to seminary. ;) We went to the temple on Saturday with our new convert and her daughter and others in the ward for baptisms. It was so great. We couldn't do baptisms, but we got to watch. Incredible. I am so glad that Vicky got to go. The Trujillo temple is amazing. I have tons of pics that I will try to send. But no promises. 

This week was a lot of work, and a lot of hardships with investigators, but as a missionary, you always have days and weeks like that. It’s never perfect. But it is heartbreaking when people don’t keep their commitments, or when other things happen. So, we will just work harder this week. D&C 122:7, 9 says ''all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good...HOLD on thy way.'' I know that I have been blessed for serving a mission, and will only continue to be blessed. Miracles happen every day, and I learn so much every day about gratitude. I need to hold on and endure, working harder and harder each day. We should ''waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness...let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for His arm to be revealed'' (D&C 123:13, 17). These are some powerful scriptures that bring a lot of inspiration to me in the field. I just finished my first transfer, so I have been reflecting a lot. I have worked hard, but I can waste and wear out my life in the work a little more each day.  

Today we made lunch with the bishop’s wife and family. So fun! They are really great people, so humble. They are great. I really don’t even know what else to say...I found a dandelion, and that was such a miracle and tender mercy! I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Think of me when you eat soft bread...or bread that isn’t like a crouton. Haha. 

Love, Hermana Lee

PS - So, Wed I hit 12 weeks in the mission and Spanish...I am starting to question your parenting skills a little bit...YOU SENT DANNY TO SCHOOL AFTER ONE SUMMER OF ENGLISH?????? WHO ARE YOU?????? Hahaha. No, I would never question you guys and Danny must be way smarter than me. Hahaha. Love ya! 

Here is a couple more. Maybe one day I can send a USB home with all my pics. So tender mercies this week, dandelion and cereal with yogurt. I had that in the MTC all the time, but never in the field. SOOOO GOOOD: it was cereal kind of like golden/sugar puffs but more styrafoamy...but so good with strawberry yogurt. Ahhh, way good. The yogurt is runnier here, so people drink it. And it doesn’t need to be cold. Just know that when I come home, I will want cereal and yogurt every morning. 

We made food at the bishop’s house today! Not the most sanitary, but I am sure I will live.  The bishop’s baby is so cute. Hardest rule to follow is not to hold babies! Also the pic of the ''dough'' is not dough. It’s mashed potatoes with egg, oil and a whole lot of flour. Haha. The pic of the plate with the food, the pasta looking stuff is the dough of potatoes. This is food from Argentina, where my comp is from. The bishop’s wife also lived in Argentina for a while. LOTS of prep time. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment