Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 9 Letter

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hola!!!!

So this week was the busiest but best week that we have had; so full of miracles. For starters, we had a baptism! Hermana Vicky is incredible. It was a long journey, but she is now a member and has the Holy Ghost. For the first time, I felt such a strong Christ like love for someone. I know that sounds horrible, because I love lots of people dearly, but as I hugged this weeping woman, this daughter of God, I could only imagine the Savior hugging her. It was an incredible experience that I can’t really explain, but just know that it was good. We also had a rescued soul, a less active who is now active. We treat them like an investigator, so they need all the lessons, 3 weeks of church attendance and stuff like that. We started teaching her just over 3 weeks ago. Her name is Nancy. Every time we taught her, I felt the Spirit so strong. In our final less active lesson with her last night, we taught about the temple and eternal families. Her mom and sister passed away a long time ago and her husband 3 years ago. We testified so much about temple work and eternal families. She is super excited to do family history, and to prepare to be sealed to her husband. She is Golden, so strong, and I am so happy for her. Miracles.

Last pday we went to the zoo as a district. Super fun. LOTS of monkeys. I love monkeys they are so fun and super smart. We fed them crackers, and another Elder had candy, so it was fun watching the monkeys turn down crackers and try to steal the Candy out of Elder Chocavillcas back pack. We held some too. That was super fun. They are so cute.

Sometimes as a missionary, you just have to learn to have no shame. Por ejemplo, sometimes you just don’t have water in your apartment, so no showering and you drink less water so you don’t have to go to the bathroom so often. And when you finally get to shower, it’s in someone else’s house, so you walk through Peru in your PJs. But we have water in our bathroom now so al is well.

This week, we had a meeting with all the missionaries from my group and their trainers. Everyone was so glad to see that I was still alive. I guess Esperanza has a huge stigma of being super-duper dangerous. That’s why there were no sisters here before. But ignorance is bliss, and we are fine. We did have an experience of where exact obedience is so important, because we were walking through this part of our area, rushing home from a lesson so that we would be on time. Well, the next day, we returned for another lesson with another investigator in that area. Just after we walked through that area, she got robbed and saw a huge fight and someone kill themselves so…..ya, exact obedience is pretty important. But miracle, we haven’t been robbed yet and it has almost been a whole transfer, so keep your fingers crossed. Haha.
Seriously, I love being a missionary. You learn new things every single day. The love of God for all of His children is so real! I Love you all!!!!

Think of me when you eat popcorn…….. 

Hermana Lee


PS - I can’t send pics.....so maybe I will send them next week

No comments:

Post a Comment