Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 11 Letter

Monday, August 29, 2016

So not a whole lot of time, but how is everything? I had to spend a lot of email time on mission stuff. 

This week was a really big learning curve for me. I studied a lot of humility. As much as I would like to know Spanish right now, that is not going to happen. Part of humility is willing to struggle. That sounds awful, but it is true. I need to rely more on the Lord for help in not only Spanish, but in all things. So, every morning, the first thing that I do is smile, and then pray with more intent, trying every day to become a better missionary. D&C 11 has been a great help. 
This week we rescued another less active! Hermana Eiko. She and her husband were married in the temple 8 years ago; he’s a returned missionary, and they have a 3 year old boy who is so stinking cute. But her husband studies in the University and works every day, and so they stopped going to church. We have worked with her and they both come to church now and she is preparing to go back to the temple. She is so awesome. I love teaching her. She has such a strong testimony and is a huge example to her family. 

This week for Pday I made cookies! It is so different baking here where supplies are little and the kitchen is WAY different. Mom, you should never complain about having a small kitchen again. Hahaha. But ya, pretty fun. 

Y'all should google image Peruvian dogs.....just do it. 

I LOVE YOU ALL! 

PS - Think of me every time you eat any form of pig...because I can't eat it. Nope. Nada. Hahaha. 

How fun to be at the lake!  Not gonna lie, I miss the lake, but that’s ok. How was Torey? And butterscotch is the prettiest dog I have ever seen for a while. The dogs here are so nasty, mixtures of every kind. Google image Peruvian dogs, right now. They are the ones without hair...they are so nasty. Especially when dead on the side of the road. 

I just saw a dead guy on the street with his shirt ripped open...but I am great! Ya, I didn’t get close to see if there was blood...Hahaha. But ya…













No comments:

Post a Comment