Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 12 Letter

Monday, September 5, 2016

So, this week was kind of weird. We taught soooo many lessons but they were all our Plan B's... almost all of our appointments fell through which was weird, but I have a testimony in planning! haha. No, it was good. 
This week we had intercambios with other Hermanas. So I had a different comp for a day. Hermana Messina de Las Vegas. She has 14 months on the mission and is awesome. But like to speak in English a lot, which was a nice break from all Spanish. But, I learned that I can no longer read out loud in English. I can't pronounce the words and it hurts my mouth! We did comp study in English and reading out loud in English was so weird! So, I guess that is a good sign, right? Ya. Good stuff. It was also fun to show her my area. I think she was kind of shell shocked as we were walking through all the dirt and sand. She has only served in the city. It was fun though.

This week while fasting we found a new family to teach. A dad and his 3 sons. The wife passed away just over a year ago. They are so great. We found them yesterday and taught a quick lesson and have a return appointment, but I just felt so much excitement and love for them. Answer to prayers. Our Presidente has put an emphasis on finding families, and young men to teach. 

The other day, I read a talk by Elder Bednar about bearing up Burdens and having them be made light. I can’t remember the title or how it translates in English. But it was so great. When we choose to yoke ourselves to the Savior, we will find rest. That doesn't mean that our burdens will disappear though, but we will have strength to carry them. Alma 37:34 talks about how when we are weary in good works, we shall find rest. So...Pretty sure that means we should work if we want rest. Funny how when we work harder in the work of the Lord, or really any work, we are happier, and things become easier. But this week I have learned to rely more on Jesus Christ, because it is only through Him that I can find peace, joy and even rest.  

This week is ward conference, so they have a bunch of activities in the ward every night. So we will be busy running those. And lots of work inviting more and more people! We are also working so much with one of our investigators who is on date for the 17th, Alejandro. We have met with him for a long time, and he has been ready for a long time, but his parents are super anti. But miracles, we were able to find his mom and we talked to her a little bit. And to the dad a different day. His dad isn't super against the church anymore, so that is good! Answer to lots of prayers and fasting. 

It has been such a pleasure learning how I can serve the Lord each day. Know that I am doing great, learning lots and pushing through. Because life's hard in the west (and south) but I can do hard things. For reals. ;) 

So I am not supposed to eat anything except at my pentinistas house, right? ya, well, we can buy fruit and things from little markets, but a lot of things that we really NEVER can have, like strawberries, ceviche, grapes, actual food prepared by others (pastries are okay I think), and NO HAM...Well...
Think of me when every time you eat ham and then don't have crazy headaches after and wonder if you have worms in your brain....No, jokes, I don't have worms. And the ham was on pizza so it should be fine, right? Because pizza is always perfect and super good for you. And honestly, it was probably chicken disguised as ham. I'm good, for reals. hahaha. 

p.s. okay the picture. Ya, this is what happens when you live in a country where there is no Crest and you only brought enough to last about 243 days. Yes, I calculated it out in my head. But really, you waste so much toothpaste because you think it is gone, and it isn't! Currently, the lid is sitting on my desk in a Ziplocs bag. I have about 4 more uses of it. ;)   Love, Hermana Lee



No comments:

Post a Comment