Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Week 15 Letter

Monday, September 26, 2016

Miracles in the hope!  (My area is Esperanza/hope) So let me just share with you the fun miracles that happened this week:

MONDAY: We went to the beach for Pday!!!! The salty ocean is seriously one of my favorite things ever. So pretty! And we went to a store close to the beach and found regular white bread!!!!!!!! 

TUESDAY: It rained! Lightly for about 13 seconds, but nonetheless, rain!!!! Which NEVER happens. And who knew, rain smells bad here too. 

WEDNESDAY: My comp specifically prayed for safety from bad people and then...I am safe...hahaha. So many stories, but for another time. Also, we had time to study language...first time for a very long time. haha.  

THURSDAY: We had family home evening but our Plan A lesson wasn’t going to work, so we ran down the street to a bodega (little shop that is seriously every other house), bought water and saltines and did dad's living water object lesson. We didn't have salty potato chips so we used saltines and made people eat them super fast so they needed water. haha. It was a hit. 

FRIDAY: After so much stupid David Archuleta, My comp put in a new USB and Josh Turner came on with a song called Me and God. Thank you Josh Turner! Also, Amazing Grace is about grace!!! Not about nature...I didn't know that. Whenever I heard that song before, I thought of the scene of in Maverick, where they sing Amazing Grace up in nature....hahahahaha. 

SATURDAY: Women’s conference in...wait for iiiiiit! English! So instead of understanding 80-85% I understood about 98%!!! I am not sure I ever really understood English 100% and now my English is toast....Also, I am pretty sure President Uchtdorf has an accent...right? But I didn't hear it...Sad!

SUNDAY: Alejandor was baptized, confirmed and ordained a Priest!!!!!! This is such a huge miracle. We have worked so hard with him. He had so many doubts and didnt ever feel the spirit, but with faith, patience, hard work on all of our parts, he now has such a strong testimony and wants to serve a mission!!!!! He beams with joy and excitement. 

We have worked so hard to spend as much time as we can teaching, and it is wonderful. Maybe I don’t get Spanish study time, but I get to practice so much when teaching...and living life because no one here speaks English. haha. But being a missionary is so great. Teaching with the Spirit is so great, but you really have to learn to listen to the Spirit!!! Patience has always been hard for me, y'all know that, but I have learned to work on that a lot. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! 

So, think of me every time a car is in reverse and a stupid ringtone type of song doesn’t play....that will be the death of me I swear. Every car plays the same song. Not like a beeping that trucks have, this stupid song of ringtones. 
Also, spiritual thought  -

When things are hard, I always go to the scriptures, no? Well, I LOVE this little pep talk found in 2 Nephi 1:20-23ish
"be MEN, and be DETERMINED in one MIND and in one HEART, UNITED in ALL things, that ye may not come down into CAPTIVITY." 

I always think of dad when he tells us: "Man up." yup. We could all use a little more determination, unity, brains, heart and some more manning up. 








 This is Ali sticking out her stomach and saying she is thinking of Shauna.  Haha.  But look at how light her hair is getting.





No comments:

Post a Comment