Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 13 Letter

Monday, September 12, 2016

Hey! So first of all, last week we went to the mall which is the most American thing here. And I found tortillas and I bought them and I ate them and I loved them. There is also Dunkin Donuts so we had donuts, Hermana Soto for the first time ever! She for sure approves. Also, I did probably the most girlish thing ever in my life. And it wasn't even super girly...but...I dyed my companions hair...died...no dyed...painted...massaged her hair with my fingers...no that sounds terrible. Painted. I painted her hair. This concept is so foreign to me I don't even know how to spell it. haha. But ya. Real companionship goals b because she must have had a whole lot of faith in me. 

Ok, so, Alejandro is on date for baptism on the 24th. He has such a strong testimony and has really come a long way. So we are praying like crazy for him. And we are teaching his friend who is also really awesome. I love teaching them because the spirit is always so strong and they grasp on to everything that we teach. Our ward has been really involved with helping them, so that is awesome. We also are teaching a family. Well, the mom and her 2 teenagers. They too are so great. This week we found a lot of new investigators and so we are working hard with them. This week we have so much we have to do! But it is always better when we are working harder and when we have more to do. 

Ok, so this week, I finally ate something that I just really did not like. They eat all parts of all animals, and I don't have a problem with that. If I don't know what it is, the better, right? But this week, my pensinista fed us tripe. It is the exact shape and texture of a human tongue. With the little tongue hairs too. In my previous life, I have seen a lot of tongues, and I swear I was eating tons of human tongues. I couldn't help but think of Hannibal Lecter and Silence of the Lambs. I know, dark, but honestly that is what I thought of. I ate all bazillion pieces and was thanked Hermana Margarita a ton, and then also thanked Heavenly Father that I am still alive. hahahaha. 

Other than that not a whole lot of exciting stuff happened. I shouldn’t say that, life is always exciting in Peru. But we walked and talked and taught a lot. What else do y'all want to hear? Oh, I have to wear pants now. Well, I don't know when exactly, but we had a training about it. Also, right now, in the internet cafe there is "Forever Young" playing and other English songs...I don't like this song, but I w won’t lie, I appreciate the other 80's songs that played like "Tainted Love" and “Take me on" Or "Take on me".....Oh what a great time the 80's were. ;) 

Also, there was a 6.6 earthquake, so not super big, but I felt it in the middle of the night. My bed is super sketchy and some of the boards fell from the bottom. So that was fun to try to reassemble my bed in the dark without contacts or glasses. Ha-ha. 

Think of me every time you walk on a sidewalk a safe distance away from all the taxis or buses. Also, I such a better pedestrian than the Latinos...it helps that I drove before, so I can better judge stuff and I watch more carefully. Ha-ha.  


Love, Hermana Lee





No comments:

Post a Comment