Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 14 Letter

Monday, September 19, 2016

Wow! Another Week has flown by and I have nothing to tell y'all!   No okay. So, we have a baptism Sunday and I am praying so hard that it happens because Alejandro is so ready but there is always opposition, no? But we have had a lot of great lessons with him and his friend Oscor. We also have another new investigator Viviana who is progressing like crazy, the other day we fasted with her. She is divorced and has a daughter who has 3 years . And it’s a sticky situation with her ex but she just left it all so that she could change her life. She is so awesome. Ahhhh the work is awesome. Lots of lessons this week. 

I had to fly back to Lima for immigrations so that was fun. No actually it was fun. I flew back with 2 Hermana Clark who was a training sister with me in the CCM and it was so good to see her. It was such a great day to just look at the progress that we have made. Also, it was so nice to be able to just say whatever I wanted. Even if I didn’t know the word in Spanish. I shouldn’t say that. Hermana Soto and I had super fun conversations and talk a lot. But, I felt more like Ali for a day. A good little reminder that I can be Ali and Hermana Lee at the same time. But yeah. I bought some American candy in the Lima airport to bring back to my comp who has never had a Twix or skittles or M&Ms.  She loves me, and hey, I like being loved. ;) I taught her the Skittles game and she was done after about 5 skittles. I think that the ability to eat a ton of skittles, sugar or sweets without a sugar crash is a gift. A gift I am so fortunate to have.  But candy was nice because it has been a really long time. haha. Also, funny story, Hermana Soto was raving and raving ab out this cake that is here during Christmas time, and little shops are starting to get them now. So she found one and bought it. I was so exciting right, it was fruitcake. FRUITCAKE. And she doesn't even eat the little fruit pieces, she picks them out. hahaha. 

Thanks for all your letters! I love you all! 

Pics: Skittles, motor taxis which are the main form of transportation and my best friend Gordis. He is so gross. He has a lame tongue that hangs out. But he follows us everywhere. His owners are a less active familia that we are working with.

THINK OF ME WHEN YOU EAT SOUR CREAM. I for sure miss that. 

Hermana Lee









Mom,

I was sick. But not like throw up or cold or fever.  A ton of pain in my stomach for almost 3 weeks and this week I finally told my pensionista and comp because I really couldn’t eat one day. So she gave me some natural drinks and after a couple of days of not eating very much I feel fine today. But I guess a lot of missionaries have problems with their appendices. One missionary just had his taken out the other day. So, I hope one day that isn’t me. hahahaha. But I am fine. There are no sick days on the mission. haha.

I miss Krispy Kreme. I went to Lima this week for immigrations and in the Lima airport there is American candy, so I splurged. I really needed America. haha.  A day. Lots of sitting. But I got to go with a couple other missionaries. 2 from my group in the MTC and it was SOOOOOO GOOOD to see them again.  

Um, I’m fat, haha. No all is well. We had an awesome training with our president last week. He is so great. A lot of missionaries don’t like him because he is way different than the old one. He is more into the handbook and expects more and has higher goals and standards and changed a lot of things so that we have more proselyting time. But I really think that he is inspired of God and will turn this mission around! He isn’t like the super loving grandpa that the other president was like. And he isn’t into a bunch of reunions with missionaries and other stuff. But I really think that he is what this mission needs. He served here in my area and zone as a missionary, so he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES my area and is so happy that me and Hermana Soto are the first sisters in this rough area. And he is super happy with our work, even when we feel discouraged sometimes.   I also ate a hamburger and Hermana Marble made brownies so that made my life. 

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment