Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 16 Letter

Monday, October 3, 2016

Hey! Well, I kicked October in the head! But if we are being honest, more like I kicked it in the knees, or even the ankles. With all the rice I’m eating  I don’t think I can kick very high anymore...But that is okay. So this weekend was transfers...and wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiit......Hermana Soto and I are staying in Esperanza!!!! We are so happy. I guess President Marble likes the idea of splitting up companionships after their 12 week training...but miracles are happening here and we are turning things around in this area and so we are so excited  to stay together here. Ya, I'm done with training, so that’s cool. More proselyting time! But if we are being honest, we still got the same amount of time because we would go out to teach then come back and do studies...but never came back for studies....haha.

Our president really likes the idea of having family home evenings and mission nights in our ward, so this week we had a ton of lessons of hermanamiento which was awesome. I don’t remember the English word for hermanamiento...it’s like when the members of the ward become friends with the investigator or menos actico...friendshipper? Ya, no recuerdo. But ya, it is so great when we have members love the people we bring to church. We have 2 investigators that are getting ready for baptism, but have a lot to work on, so we are working a lot with them, and so is our bishop. He is awesome. We have a couple families we are working with too. but it is so hard to get any real progression because no one is married nor have the money to get married. soooooooooo ya. but like i said before, we are really trying to turn this area around. We had a great meeting with our stake president who is super ambitious in missionary work. He and our mission president aren’t super big in finding and teaching less actives, which is a little sad. But we are working on developing a new plan with all of our new rules and teaching suggestions and guidelines from our leaders. 

Conference was so good, no?  I absolutely loved it.  I really enjoyed Elder Christofferson's talk. Pretty dang straight and to the point. God loves us, and always will, but doesn't and never will tolerate sin. And as Elder Renlund said, we should "choose repentance." Always. cada dia. Also, I really appreciated Elder Bednar's talk. It has been a new experience learning to receive revelation in Spanish, and learning to "know" Jesus Christ as a missionary. Way different than I thought it would be. But I have had so many experiences that I am so grateful for. 
I really have nothing else to say. I could write out all my notes, or share an experience from all of our lessons, or give you a highlight from every day, but, I don’t really want to...so ya. I still love you all though! I should clarify, I don’t want to because i forgot my journal and i don’t really remember anything except conference. haha. 

THINK OF ME EVERY TIME YOU don’t see all the dead dogs on the streets, and then smell all the dead dogs on the streets...and then all the burning dead dogs....haha 


Love, Hermana Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment