Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 18 Letter

Monday, October 17, 2016

Hola Famlee! 

This week FLEW. Like I don't even know how. Crazy. 

This week, we had a super great week with lessons!!! The more work we have, the faster time flies I feel like. Anyways, we have a baptism this weekend, but there is a lot of opposition, so keep Alan in your prayers. Last week we had interviews with our president. He is super great. My interview was literally 5 minutes. Maybe less. But it was really powerful. You don't need a lot of time to learn a lot. But he had me pray in English, and I think that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my mission....haha. Not. But yeah, he told me that half of it was Spanish and the other half really bad English, and that I have a slight accent....I’ve been here 4 months and I can't speak English...I can think it in my head, no? And read in my head in English. But saying them is super hard and different. My mouth always feels so weird when I speak in English. So I guess that is good news. 

I had intercambios this week with a Hermana from Mexico. I went to her area. That was super great. But I broke rules and drank fresh strawberry juice. Wow, big deal no? But we really can’t eat strawberries because you can’t clean them for reals. But we weren't going to tell this crying lady that we couldn't drink her juice (people genuinely get offended that we can’t eat their food). But I am still alive and not sick soooo that must mean that I can eat strawberries now right? Ya, no kidding. I should obey ALL of the rules, right? haha. 

Spanish soap operas are soooooo real! And they are all the same. A crying lady and a man in a hospital bed. Or a crying lady in her super big house with 2 crying men. Yup. Everyone watches them, and I can't help but think of psych. I know I have problems. 

Also, last pday we traveled 45 minutes to get some drink from Argentina for my comp. A store with a bunch of imported goods. AND I SAW HALLOWEEN STUFF. Miracles. ;) But then I also saw sandbackles and I might have said a little prayer of gratitude that I don’t have to make any this year. ;) 

Spiritual thought, I studied integrity this morning. Super great. But I really think that integrity is when our actions match our beliefs. We can believe in eternal life, and in God, and in happiness, but do your everyday every minute actions reflect our beliefs? Or integrity from a worldy standpoint is the same. When our actions match our beliefs. But when we change our beliefs to match our actions, its rationalization. And when we change our actions to match our beliefs, it's repentance. So really, integrity = repentance. :D 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment