Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 19 Letter

Monday, October 24, 2016
What a week of miracles! Alan was baptized! It has been a long 3 months of working with him. We found him in our area book without an address and phone number, but we felt that we needed to teach him. So, we experienced many miracles of finding his phone number, him finally answering his phone, finding his house, finally having a lesson, and after lots of prayers, finally keeping commitments, and then FINALLY coming to church and then being baptized. I have really seen what true intentions are, and what it looks like to have a real desire. I have really seen the blessings of the atonement through Alan, because he was a very troubled man. Many times he lost hope, his family lost hope, and even at times...lots of times we felt discouraged. But the atonement never fails. This last week he has been beaming. And I will never forget his joy the night of his baptism dressed in white, wet and cold, and then in a newly trimmed suit. His is great. SO great. 

This week we had an awesome service project. Thank you mom and dad for teaching me how to work hard and thank you dad for making me go out and get wood with you and work with you and work when I am tired and sick. Because that morning, I woke up close to death. And then a quick and easy service project turned into me using a bajillion year old machete equal to a butter knife to chop a bunch of plants, mini trees, plywood and then a tree. Yup. A tree. 4 hours of nonstop chopping. The best solution for sickness is to work. I was so grateful because missionary work isn’t physically hard or draining. I ran a ton before the mission and so walking all day, every day is no problem. But I really missed working, working. My shoulder sure payed for it though. The last couple of days icy hot has been my best friend-  haha. 

All is so good here! I LOVE YOU! 

Hermana Lee

Think of me when you eat honey....I MISS IT SO MUCH! I will seriously crave honey. 

Think of me again (because I forgot to say something last week) when you drink lemonade...I miss that too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment