Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 23 Letter

Monday, Nov 21, 2016

So this week waas probably the longest week of the mission...I started training a new missionary, we had tons of meetings and looking back it actually wasn´t that long...haha. It was super sad to say goodbye to Hermana Soto, but she will be awesome in her new area and I have a new comp! Hermana PACHECO. She has 20 years, is a convert recent of 2 years and is from Lima. She is super great. she is still super new to the gospel so I have to teach a lot, but by the end of these next 11 weeks, she is going to be a scripture mastorian, super obedient and a super hard worker who will be able to walk fast. ;) I have really come to appreciate the phrase "We love Heavenly Father and Jesu Christ because They first loved us." (Elder Hales). It can be hard to love someone you don't know. But I have to love her first so that she will love the mission, the people, the work and the gospel. We had an awesome training with our President, who brought a lot of fear and then a lot of comfort. So that's great. I’ve been in the mission for 5 months, the mission field for 4 (más o menos) and I have to train and be the leader and be super happy 24/7. I had to do that before, but now it all of a sudden feels harder. haha. But that is okay. It’s gonna be a great next couple of months. 

Anderson was baptized! He is 10 year old and so great. He is super serious in gospel things. and his answers are always so deep. His family is less active. We rescued hi grandma, and he started coming to church with her after a lot of teaching and even pleading....and then, he has a friend in primary and it is sooooooooo awesome. Anderson started to bloooooooom. We are now teaching his family too. They aare super great, and are an x missionary/sealed in the temple but have to work on Sundays. But miracles happen. Anderon, who really has zero words (it’s like pulling teeth to get him to talk...but when he does its great) shared his testimony after his baptism. So great. His parents also shared their testimony. And a pineapple cake after was the perfect ending. ;) 

Thanks to Anderson, we are now teaching his cousin who is 8, Kevyn. He is a timid shy boy who "felt so good and like in the house of God" at the baptism of Anderson. So he is preparing for baptism. As well as 2 young kids and Danis a 21 year old girl who is pretty golden. The sad thing is she studies all day every day from 7am-10pm so we can only teach her after church Sundays...but in December she is going to Lima for 3 months...but like I said before, miracles happen. I love finding new people to teach. It’s great. Takes a lot of work, but it is rewarding. haha. 

Also, this week (I PROMIE I AM NOT TRUNKY) i had just said goodbye to Hermana Soto and was in the taxi/bus played "summer of '69" "Take on me" and of all randomness "Sound of Silence." yup. I think that was a little tender mercy. hahaha 

Funny story...sometimes while I wait for my comp to get ready I read the dictionary. Today I read a Spanish word "jaboncillo." jabon ids soap. so Jaboncillo is "cake of toilet soap." awesome. I will be for sure using that word....hahahaha. 

THINK OF ME every time you drink juice that is not peach juice.....thats all they have here! Peach juice....like from canned peaches. Yup. Peach juice. or inca kola; a bubble gum flavored pop that is more common than water here.  

Love you,

Sis Hermana Lee








No comments:

Post a Comment