Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 24 Letter

Monday, Nov 28, 2016

So this was good, but I don’t remember too much of it. We had a great mission conference with Elder Godoy of the 70. He is awesome! He talked a lot about our purpose as missionaries. A l lot about how here in this part of the world our focus is not less actives or even a lot of recent converts, but more of just investigators that are progressing....wow! Super different than what the missionaries were taught before with their old president, so there are a lot of changes to well, everything in our mission, and I am totally on board with it. But Elder Godoy is super powerful. He also talked a lot about how the mission is not a time to find your spouse and for basically the elders to stop talking with young women in the ward and be super careful with us sister missionaries...so that was awesome. Basically just common sense. haha. But a really powerful conference. And then, after, the assistants to the president told me that Elder Godoy was going to have an interview with me, so that was great....but really. We talked for literally 5 minutes and it was awesome. He asked a little about my family, the best thing of my mission, the hardest thing of my mission and then some counsel. I love how direct he is. We also have interviews with our president every transfer, and our interview was the same. 5  minutes. So great. jaja. 

This week we taught tons of lessons with new investigators, so that’s way awesome. But no one here is married. We talked to a couple that has been together for 48 years but faults marriage....what???????? Crazy. But hopefully we will have a wedding this next month! Followed by a bautismo. 

I hope y'all had a great thanksgiving. I hope y'all ate so much that you couldn't walk after...because that I how I feel every single day after lunch. My pensionita loves me and hates me...jaja. 

As a missionary you really just learn to go with it. Like when the teacher for society relief or young womens doesn’t come to church you just teach. Or when you’re sitting in the room of the sacrament and the bishop announces that you are going to give a 15 minute talk with a devil smile. You just get up and do it. haha. That happens a lot here, and I am pretty sure my ward i tired of hearing from me, but they all are so loving and great. We are really blessed in our ward.  

So ya, Have the best week ever. Enjoy Cameron mucho. I LOVE YOU ALL! 
THINK OF ME WHEN YOU use a doorknob....here they don’t have doorknobs to the house. So you ALWAYS need a key to get in or leave. for all doors, even bedroom doors. I forgot that doorknobs are a thing. haha. 

PICS: THANKS for the Thanksgiving card! 
A generation pic with my "mom" (trainer and my trainee  (is that a word?) Everyone calls it that the trainer is the mom and the trinee is the son or daughter. I don’t really like that, but I like this picture. haha 
And then my signature picture....but with a mango. :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment