Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 51 Letter

Monday, June 5, 2017
Ok family. Time is a crazy thing that I am starting to believe that no exists. 

Anyways, first of all, I am so grateful that 5 years ago Danny and Jet walked through our front door for the very first time. I instantly knew that they were my brothers and that God put them in my life for a lot of reasons. It's funny, every time I go back and think of our family memories or vacations; Danny and Jet have just been grafted in there. Like I swear Danny went to Disneyland with is! Haha. But I am so grateful for them. This week I got to share our story with my compañera, and it made me really appreciate the Lord's hand in our famlee!  

Also, we found an investigator of GOLD. Orlando. He has 62 years and lived in the US for the last 15 years. He talked to coworkers that were Mormon about the church, but never met the missionaries. He came back to Peru in Trujillo, and again talked to a member who gave him the cell number of the zone leaders here. As he was getting out of a taxi at his house here in Cajamarca, we just happened to walk by...and...Boom! We taught him that day and he came to church and is going to an evening of home tonight! So awesome! He loved church and has been waiting for the gospel for a really long time. He shared some experiences with us and it was great. He lives with his sister who is an investigator ancient and so hopefully she will want to come to church too. It was a grand miracle. He is awesome. We also found some other great people. Right now we are teaching a couple of 7th day Adventists families. Pucha...I have learned a lot from the bible...ha-ha. Good stuff. 

Tonight I head down to Trujillo for a counsel. And then this weekend I found out my transfers. I have been here in Cajamarca 3 transfers...and my comp has 1 more left, so if I were to stay here, I would be here 2 more transfers...so I think I am going to leave, which I don’t want to. So we are going to work our guts out this week finding new people and future baptismal candidates. So that will be good. Anyways, I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Oh my gosh, AND...
Ok so you know how butter comes from cows and I didn’t know that? Well, in Cajamarca hay a lot of cows. So there are tons of types of cheese (menos American and cheddar) and so we eat a lot of bread and cheese. milk straight from the cow we aren’t supposed to drink but ya, I’ve done it (because saying no to Peruvians is impossible...the butter here is soooooooooooooooooo good. the best ever. so we will have to come back to eat the super yummy dairy products here and the butter. the only thing they lack here is real ice cream. I have really pondered cows lately, because I see them all the time. Without cows, we couldn’t live! no hay hamburgers, steak, roast, other cow meat, butter, yogurt, milk, cheese, whipped cream, cream cheese, sour cream (no exists here) or ICE CREAM! So I am extremely grateful for cows. Anyways, that is all.

Pics: dandelions and a pineapple skirt. How cool is that? 


THINK OF ME EVERYTIME you see a cow.







No comments:

Post a Comment