Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Week 59 Letter

Monday, July 31, 2017
Ok, so this week was crazy. I started out with Hermana Delgado...and then Thursday our wife of the president called us with a situation and long story short I am now with Hermana Pastrana for this week, or maybe for the rest of the transfer. She is another Hermana Leader who was serving a couple horas away. But woke up really weird and half of her face wasn’t working and she was soooo out of it for a time. She doesn’t remember a lot and still has a lot of problems remembering what happened, people’s names, her area, and words. So we have been having a lot of fun. It was actually scary stuff because she is kind of weird, and feels not normal and her right side still feels weird. But she is now functioning! Those first couple of days together was kind of scary for me! haha. But she is soooooo great! I love her so much! I have learned soooo much these last couple of days. It has been crazy. I have learned to listen, because she will tell me the same stories over and over...hahaha, I have learned to love, and how to go with the flow, I have learned to be really productive even while being stuck in my apartment, I have learned to love, how to trust President, how to just everything. It has been so great. And I am so grateful for hermana Pastrana. She is a boss. She is from Columbia but has lived in the states. We have played a lot of charades because sometimes she forgets words in both languages. But it has been awesome. She has been doing sooooo well though. Yesterday afternoon we went out and it was slower, she could teach and she is doing great today. still feels really weird though, especially in her right hand. it has no strength. All of this is sooooo weird. But the doctors have been doing stuff and she has an MRI tonight. But they don’t think that it is super urgent. So we are just waiting to hear stuff now. Just please keep her in your prayers. 

Anyways, Janeth from Cajamarca came to see me and she came out and worked with us at the beginning of the week. Just like good old times. It was the best. I had a really great interview with president. Like soooooo good. I was able to just feel so much love from him. And we just talked so differently. And it was like I was talking to a friend. We are similar in a lot of ways. And I could just see so much love in his eyes for me and for hermana Pastrana. And instead of asking me the normal questions and about my goals, he just said, "Hermana Lee, this time is for you. what do you want from me?" I really just talked to him about something I have been thinking a lot about. I have 4 months more of the mission. 4. That is not a long time. At all. I have been a Hermana Lider for a long time, and I thought that I would really learned more about charity by now. And I have, but you all know me, I am a closed person, and it’s hard for me to behold someone and love them. I read Elder Palmers talk about that lots of times these last couple of weeks and learn something new from it every time. I know that I have learned a lot about a Christ like love, or about being an example, but I have 4 months left and I am not at all where I thought I would be. I am not the one to seek or want compliments, and president knows that, but he just really helped me see the bigger picture. He told me that he is not worried about it as much as I am. And that if I really am obsessed with working and with baptizing, and just go for it all with all of the heart, then I will be able to see my charity through others when I am finished. And he, being an incredible president of the mission, looked at me, beholding me, and loved me. and it was the weirdest thing I think that I have ever seen or felt. I think that even just for one instant I saw the Savior, and I am just now realizing it all and putting it together in my head. President is incredible exempla of charity and love, even though he is like me and doesn’t express it. a lot of the sisters have a hard time, and don’t feel his love, but though his example of fulfilling his calling of preaching the gospel is the way in which he shares his love. And the way in which Jesus Christ shared his love. Realmente I know that the best way that we can show our love to a missionary, convert recent, investigator, family member, friend, or person in the street, is to put Christ first and to put His will above all else. It was just an amazing experience that I had. I love you all. 

THINK OF ME EVERY TIME YOU clean the house. I have become such a clean freak. haha. not really, but I love having a clean house. thanks mom for teaching me how to clean. hahaha

pics I found powdered milk! you just add water and it tastes like the closest thing to real milk! haha. I remember once JA told me about it and I just now found it. haha. also, it was the day of indepence here in Peru on the 28th!  










No comments:

Post a Comment