Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 36 Letter

Monday, February 20, 2017

Okay so let’s just say that I am grateful that halls cough drops are candy here so they are easy to find and cheap. I have had the cold all week. My head knows that it isn’t that cold here, and that back home it’s more freezing. But I still am so cold. haha. 

This week we had a baptism! Jakelyne Salazr. She is awesome. Her sister is a convert recent for 2 years. And finally Jaky wanted to listen to the missionaries. It has been so great to meet with her almost every night these last 2 weeks to help her prepare for her baptism. She is so great. And the service was really simple but powerful. It is better that way. It was awesome. So great. 

Cajamarca is for sure different. Sometimes I feel like I am in a movie. It's so classic. Walking down the cobblestone streets at the end of the noche, the lovers in the alley, the old mane with the thick white mustache closing shop, the heartbroken man upstairs singing his sad tale, the beagle outside howling at nothing, my cold empty apartment, and a light rain drizzling on the tops of our breaking roof. Life is so good. So good. 

Okay, so this week I finished the Book of Mormon and started reading it again. And wow, I understand it so much better now which is weird because it is in Spanish...but I have loved this week’s studies. But I love in Nephi 8, Lehi’s vision. I love verse 35 "And Laman and Lemuel partook not of the fruit..." Wow. Sad. But powerful. They knew the truth, they knew there dad was a prophet, they knew the commandments and blessings possible and they knew that they could have vida eternal. But they partook not. Are we as members of Christ's church and as choice children of God partaking of the fruit? What are we doing to partake of the fruit? What are not doing that is preventing us from partaking of the fruit desirable of all? I had a great self-reflection in my life as a missionary but more as a disciple of Christ. Just a thought. 

I love you all so much! Have a great life and an even better eternity! ;) 


THINK OF ME EVERY TIME you eat corn. The corn here is white and the kernels are large. It is tasty, but sometimes I just want a can of yellow corn...with butter and salt. Yum. haha. 






No comments:

Post a Comment