Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 40 Letter

Monday, March 20, 2017

Hey it’s crazy in Peru right now but in fine, and will be fine. We are pretty isolated here in Cajamarca. Lots of rain, but the streets and houses are more prepared for rain. But, internet is super sketchy today because cell towers and internet towers have all been destroyed...so this is like the 5th time vie started writing this family letter. I will send pics next week. The real crisis here in Cajamarca is that no one can enter or leave, because ya no hay calle ya afuera. So we are having a little shortage of chicken...haha. I shouldn’t joke about that but it’s true. So we have been eating tons of fish and cuy. Cuy is a really big hamster that I can’t remember how to say it in ingles. But it’s tasty. 

Hermana pacheco (my "daughter") had to go home to fix her infections from her operations for her appendix. So that was so hard. Hopefully se will come back, but her family situation is real rough, and it was really hard for her to get here in the first place, and now her parents (nonmembers/Antis) are mad and upset with the mission. But I have faith that she will come back really soon. We got word that she is recovering really well. So we will see. It was just hard taking her to the airport and saying goodbye when it feels like her first day was so recent. But, she’s in the hands of the lord. Just pray that I don’t have to have surgery here....hahahaha.  

THINK OF ME EVERYTIME YOU sleep...haha


LOVE YOU ALL! 

Ya mom. We are the least affected. We are so fine. Internet is soooooo bad and we don’t have cell service so I don’t know how much email time I will have. But it is a for real crisis. We have heard crazy stuff about Trujillo which is really sad because my old areas are now in ruins. So keep Peru in your prayers. 
I'm fine really. It just has rained a lot. But Cajamarca is prepared for the rain. The big crisis here is that we can’t leave or enter, so that also means there is a shortage of chicken....haha. But I don’t know what will happen because its transfers this week which we obviously can’t be transferred, but we have new missionaries that are supposed to be getting here today...
Also pray for hermana pacheco. She had to go home with her stomach and appendix problems and infections. We were with her all week until we shipped her home. SO SAD: I remember her very first day on the mission, and then saying goodbye was so hard. But she should be coming back. We heard that her health is great. Just her family situation is real tough so it will be really hard to get her back out in the field due to her parents who are nonmembers. But just pray. 
I’m fine. Don’t worry. I will always be fine here in Cajamarca. But just pray for all of Peru. IT’S CRAZY. Like 2 missionaries in our mission got lost but are now fine. One was the only person of 8 to survive a mudslide crash in his car. Crazy. 

I LOVE YOU! 


He was traveling solo. It’s crazy. Pres tried to call us today but we don’t have service. And I think it was about the new missionaries that are supposed to be coming. I think that they will all fly directly here and we and the zone leaders will have to help them out and oh my heck it will be crazy. No sleep all this week like last week. haha.  We can’t leave so...yeah. Like all the roads to get anywhere outside of Cajamarca are destroyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment