Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week 42 Letter

Monday, April 3, 2017

Hey y'all! How was this week? Conference was so great no? It was fun to see Elder Palmer. But conference was so good. I loved how it was so focused on the Godhead, but a lot about the Savior. And then how we can come to know Him through the basics. Things that a lot of people, me included forget sometimes. Super powerful. But something that I loved was a quote that I found in an old Liahona Saturday morning before conference. I seriously searched for forever this morning on LDS.org to find it in English for you.

 “The living prophet is more important to us than a dead prophet. …
“… God’s revelation to Adam did not instruct Noah how to build the Ark. Noah needed his own revelation. Therefore, the most important prophet, so far as you and I are concerned, is the one living in our day and age to whom the Lord is currently revealing His will for us. Therefore, the most important reading we can do is any of the words of the prophet … contained each month in our Church magazines. Our marching orders for each six months are found in the general conference addresses, which are printed in the [Liahona] magazine. …““Beware of those who would pit the dead prophets against the living prophets, for the living prophets always take precedence
Pretty great, no? SO POWERFUL. I love it. I have such a strong testimony that we have a living prophet called by God, to direct His work here. It is so real. And As I listened to conference I could feel the Spirit testify of the words of our leaders in such a special way. Awesome. Anyways, I love you all so much! Have a great week! 
Pics: So this last pday we bought pizza and ice cream. I so felt like Ali. haha. We also had a super great zone meeting. 
So this happened this week...And the story is so super dumb, I wish it was cooler.....We were walking at night on the sidewalk, and the houses are right up to the street. It was dark and I can't see very well in the dark as it is...but there was an obstacle a few steps in front of me, and so I was planning how I was going to dodge it and the buses that were driving by. And right as I was thinking, my shoulder smacked right into a huge iron lock that was sticking out of a door. How dumb is that? I wasn't even playing tennis and I've been out a shoulder all week. But we have this handy dandy little thing that I can’t remember how to say in English that I sleep with and use while I do leg workouts in the morning...it’s been real fun. haha. 

Caption:  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: (2 Tim 4:7) Thank you Paul! hahaha
We had a great FHE with this family and their niece (the far left) they are missing their 7 year old daughter in this pic. But they are awesome. Hermano Ruiz was a bishop and then in the stake presidency for 8 years. Super great. They remind me of you guys. So fun. 

I learned a lot this last transfer and will continue to learn more about that whole charity thing. Haha life is good. I don’t remember what all happened this week but it was good. We welcomed 2 new hermanas to the mission here in Cajamarca. there are 20 in their group, but they all are in lima east mission until Trujillo is all cleared up to send missionaries here again. haha. We also sent a sister home who finished her mission; that was crazy, because she had like 9 months when I started....and now I will complete 10 this weekend! Crazy. Time flies. But life is good. I do miss tennis matches, basketball, driving the kids all around (I REALLY miss that, no joke), dances, family home evening with the family and all that stuff, but that’s okay. I only have 18 months to live in Peru with a nametag (because I might move back hahahaha) so I should live it up. Which means, work my guts out. haha. We had a lot of great miracles this week, so that is great. And a baptism this week or next week, depending on scheduling and stuff. Lots of great stuff here in a slow moving area! haha. I LOVE YOU! 






No comments:

Post a Comment