Hermana Lee

Hermana Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee

Sister Alison Christine Lee
Peru Trujillo North Mission
Teodoro Valcarcel 512
Urb, Primavera
Trujillo, La Libertad
Peru

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Week 49 Letter

Monday, May 22, 2017

Hey Famlee! How goes the life of all? Life here is crazy. Lots of things happened this week, and I just know that this week is going to FLY BY!!!!!! Because we have 2 interchanges to do and zone conference and tons of stuff. Oh my. Crazy how time flies. 

Physical Therapy is going good. As good as torture gets, but I feel a lot better. What else....being an hermana leader for the last 6 months has opened my eyes to A LOT of things...and this week was a whole other world with some things that happened. And what else....oh. These hats in this picture are super cultural. It means you are a real Cajamarquino. Or person from Cajamarca. This one is pretty new and pretty little....and costed 500 soles. That’s 150 dollares. WHAT? 150 bucks for this hat? And the CRAZY old lady said that was cheap and that her other one was bigger and costed 700 bucks but got stolen. Crazy. haha. But it was fun taking pics with her. She is a mom of one of our investigators.

The other pic is a view from my house. The sky here is soooo pretty compared to Trujillo and the desert. It reminds me of the sky at home. And what else....and then there is this cake that EVERYONE loves here. But...it’s unflavored Jell-O with dry cake....haha. I LOVE the Peruvian food....but they could use some help with their pastries. Like, the other day, I found cheesecake! WHAT? So I bought a piece because you just have to....but it was not cheesecake. I’m not even sure if it was edible. It was not even worth 90 American cents. hahahaha. 

Anyways, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. This week we will continue to see miracles with finding new people. It’s been a really awesome couple of weeks finding new people. So that’s super good. 

THINK OF ME every time you eat cheesecake. 

Do you want to know what an hermana lider does? 

1. in the words of my president: the zone leader of the hermanas
2. The persons to go to when you are having a rough and emotional problems. 
3. Basically sometimes a babysitter. 
4. Have 24 hour exchanges to be the example leader and to train them more 
5. Train in zone conferences 
6. Be on the leadership counsel of the mission 
7. LOVE even when its realllllllllly hard...or when common sense or emotional stability doesn’t exist. 
8. be the example. 

Lots of stuff. We have a missionary in our zone with TONS of anxiety who is now training and was the comp of my comp. So there are some challenges there. It’s been a lot of time with her. But you know what? I have learned soooo much working with her. She is soooo awesome and so incredible. I really have learned so much. I think heavenly father is preparing me for something specific. I don’t know what, but I’m so grateful. You just learn how to love so much. I never thought I could be a sister training leader because I don’t like talking about feelings, and all. But it has been a really humbling 6 months. It’s great. But sometimes hard. haha. 
I don’t know. We have 3 more weeks. I really don’t know what is going to happen. My comp finishes next transfer. So either I leave now, or I have 2 more transfers here. So A LOT of time. I am planning on buying all the cool Peruvian stuff here (because it’s the only place) soon just in case I leave this transfer. I don’t know how I feel about it either. It will be sad to leave, but I kind of feel ready for it. haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment